Overview of Programs
Each year, more than 300 Sonoma Valley teens, the
majority of whom are Latino and low-income, increase
their skills and gain experience through Teen Services programs. Not all teens are ready,
financially able, or interested in entering college directly after graduation,
and many must work to afford additional schooling of any kind. Our
programs engage and empower teens to be ready for work.
There are two key elements in how TSS prepares teens for successful employment:
Work Readiness Courses
- Ready to Work is a 10-hour certification course that equips teens with everything they need to get a job. Read on...
- Team Up focuses on the skills that employers are looking for: teamwork, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence. Read on...
- Lovin' Oven Culinary Academy (LOCA) offers in-depth training for teens interested in the hospitality industry. Read on...
- Operation Bicycle provides work experience for teens interested in mechanics, small business, and customer service. Read on...
- Lovin' Oven provides work experience for teens interested in the hospitality industry. Read on...
- Community Service provides an opportunity to give back to the community and gain work experience through volunteering.
2019 Fall Ready to Work Class Graduates from Sonoma Valley and Creekside High Schools
Our thanks to the following supporters of the READY TO WORK PROGRAM:
Jonas Family Foundation
Miranda Lux Foundation
Kiwanis of Sonoma Valley