Operation Bicycle is your community bike shop!
207 Nino Marco Square (right on Sonoma Highway)
Open Tuesday-Saturday from 1:00 - 5:00 pm
The bike shop staff and volunteers work with teens to repair used bicycles for sale and provide maintenance and repair services for the general public. Teens learn valuable mechanical and customer service skills. They are also given access to space to repair and service their own bikes. Below is a list of our programs and services. Gift cards are now available!
Earn-a-Bike/Bike Mechanics Certification class
Teen mechanics learn by doing – refurbishing a donated bike which they then can call their own. Class is held monthly. All costs are covered for teens to either repair their own bike or take home one of ours. To sign up, please email Operation Bicycle
or call 707-343-7223
Bike Valet and Repairs
Operation Bicycle partners with the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition and the City of Sonoma to provide bicycle valet and repair service every Tuesday during the Valley of the Moon Farmers’ Market. From approximately 5-9 pm, six months per year, the public can safely leave bikes with us and have them serviced while they enjoy the market. Our entire setup is transported via bikes and trailers from the shop to the plaza each week. Bike parking is FREE, but tips are graciously accepted as they are used to employ our teen staff.
Our shop is open to teens to stop in and learn hands-on how to repair, service and modify their bikes. The staff will guide them through anything from patching a punctured tube to installing a gas-powered motor on their commuter.
Bicycle Repairs for the General Public
We are a repair shop
featuring certified mechanics with years of experience. We can repair
your bike using new or used parts in order to fit your budget. Just stop
by with your bike and we'll go from there.
Bikes for Sale
Some of the bikes we fix up are earned by teens.
Others, we sell. If you're interested in purchasing a used bike, stop
by during our shop hours. Your purchase helps fund program needs like
helmets, lights, locks, tools, parts, and other supplies. We receive new
donations daily so our inventory is constantly changing. Click here for some examples of the types of bikes we have available.
Parts and Accessories Sales
We sell parts, new and used. We have wholesale accounts and can order you pretty much anything you like. We also have a great selection of hard to find replacements and vintage parts to fit any budget.
Looking for a great gift for the cyclist in your life? We do gift certificates for any amount that can be applied to service or parts. Come by our shop and pick one up anytime.
SUPPORTING OPERATION BICYCLE
If you would like to donate a bike or lightly-used bike parts and accessories, please follow these steps:
- Send a photo and brief description of the bike or items you'd like to donate to Operation Bicycle or call us at 707-343-7223.
- Donations are accepted at our shop (207 Nino Marco Sq) during business hours only (see schedule below). Please don't bring donations to our old location at Teen Services and please don't dump them outside. This takes away resources from our organization.
- You're welcome to show up with your donation unannounced, but please be considerate of the fact that due to space restrictions and resources we can not accept every donation. Our goal is to provide teens and the public with quality, reliable, safe bikes that last. If your bike is running, great! If it's not running, but at one time was sold at a bike shop (think Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale, Bianchi, etc) also great! That means it's a quality bike.
- All donations are tax deductible. Thanks for your consideration!
We are also happy to accept funding support. Donate now
Our thanks to the following supporters of OPERATION BICYCLE:
Rotary Club of Glen Ellen/Kenwood
Wine Country Cyclery
A BIT OF HISTORY
Operation Bicycle was formed in January 2012 when bike enthusiast and educator Adrian Palenchar started volunteering on a twice-weekly basis with Teen Services Sonoma. He and fellow volunteer, Chuck Palenchar, transformed the Teen Center's basement (which was home to the shop from 2012-2018) into a bicycle repair hub. Two years later, TSS raised enough money to hire Adrian and employ two teens on a regular basis as the shop expanded its hours and reach. In November 2018, Operation Bicycle moved out of the basement and into a brand-new retail space just down the street, enabling it to grow into one of TSS's thriving micro-businesses.
HOURS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Due to COVID, we are currently open Tuesday-Saturday from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. For more information about Operation Bicycle, email Adrian Palenchar
or call 707-343-7223 during business hours.
Join us for a community bike ride - Sonoma Slow Roll
- and check out the calendar below for other activities, programs, classes, events and hours.